Please Note: Calabogie Peaks Resort hosts a private park and beach. Though visitors are always welcome, the grounds are subject to the same rules as most private resorts. See below for details.
WHAT TO BRING (in general):
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Blanket to sit on
- Small camping chairs
- Rain gear
- Smart phone or tablet
- ID if you plan on consuming alcoholic beverages
- If you have kids, feel free to bring your sand toys!
WHAT IF I WANT TO WATCH FROM MY BOAT?
There is a boat launch at Barnett Park, just on the left side of the road as soon as you see the lake.
Please note that docking at the beach is reserved ONLY for tournament and event watercraft. We are setting up a “noodle line”, which will span the length of the course. Each noodle represents an anchoring spot … first come, first serve! Please bring TWO anchors – for the bow and stern of your boat, to limit drift (plan for an anchoring depth of anywhere between 15′ – 25′). Remember, the wakes will be large so you need to make sure you’re far enough away from neighbouring boats to avoid touching. We are not responsible for any damage caused to boats as a result of our event.
If you want to experience the CALABOGIE LIFESTYLE…..
- Hiking gear (e.g. shoes, compass, GPS, trail mix) – Trail maps available at Calabogie Peaks
- Golf clubs
- Tennis racket
- Lifejacket (if you wish to rent a canoe, SUP, paddleboat)
- Fishing gear (if you have a valid license) – Calabogie Lake is famous for its pickerel (walleye) and bass
- Mountain bike (you can ride up the K&P trail on Calabogie Peaks)
- ATV (there are many ATV trails to explore around Calabogie) – please park them in the Calabogie Peaks lot
- Your own boat (you can anchor outside our buoy line to have an alternate view of the event!) – Boat can be launched at Barnett Park
Parking is FREE! Beachfront parking is reserved for VIP sponsors. Competitors and spectators have ample parking in the large Calabogie Peaks Resort parking lot across from the beach (5 minute walk to the beachfront).
A note about FOOD:
The beachfront has a licensed bar and grill. There will also be a barbecue during the event days for guests to purchase their lunch and/or dinner. If you do bring your own food, coolers are not allowed on the beachfront area. There is a picnic area available just off the beachfront.
WHAT NOT TO BRING anywhere on the Beach
- Beach umbrellas
- Alcohol of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Glass bottles
- Bicycles, scooters, ATV’s etc.
- Aerosol sprays
- Weapons of any kind
- Pets – This is strictly enforced. Please see the list of kennels at http://www.bekkerspetcare.com/